Visa-Free St.Petersburg Tour for ESN TU IC
-online credit card payment when making the booking (use the booking link below)
-bank transfer to Scanbalt Experience bank account - make online booking first and then contact us to get the bank details
-cash payment in Scanbalt office (adress: Tallinn, Pikk 7, 3-rd floor; Mon-Thur 14:00-16:00 - inform us in advace about your coming) *please make online booking before coming to pay in cash!
- All ferry tickets (Tallinn-Helsinki-St.Petersburg-Tallinn-)
- Visa-Free Russia entrance fee
- 4 nights’ accommodation in shared rooms/cabins, bedlinen included (2 nights in B- or C-class cabins on overnight ferries; 2 nights in the hostel).
- 2 hostel breakfasts, 1 lunch
- Transport to and from the ferry terminal in St Petersburg
- Guided bus tour in St Petersburg (museum fees not included, entrance is optional)
- Guided tour in the Hermitage Museum
- Service from a Scanbalt tour manager and local guides
- Visit St Petersburg - one of the world’s top destinations!
- Spend 2 crazy night partying on big crise boat
- Travel together with your friends and other exchange students
- Meals (except the ones listed above)
- Optional activities
Tour Program: ESN TU IC
Day 2. St Petersburg
Day 3. St Petersburg
Optional activities: ESN TU IC
The Catherine Palace was the Rococo summer residence of the Russian tsars, located in the town of Tsarskoye Selo (Pushkin), 25 km south-east of St. Petersburg. The compositional centre of the ensemble is the Catherine Palace – a splendid example of the Russian Baroque. Visitors are enraptured by the sumptuous décor of the Great Hall and the Golden Enfilade of state rooms that includes the world-famous Amber Room now returned to life. Today, as we enter the palace, we can sense the spirit of the times of Empresses Elizabeth and Catherine II and admire unique works of fine and applied art. More than a hundred historical monuments are scattered across the Catherine and Alexander Parks that have a joint area of 300 hectares; there are grand palaces and intimate pavilions, bridges and marble monuments, and also exotic structures imitating Gothic, Turkish and Chinese architecture that invest little corners of the parks with a romantic atmosphere.
Price includes: local guide escorting the group from St Petersburg, transport in tourist bus, stops on the way, entrance to the palace park, entrance to Catherine Palace.
*Takes place: March-April and all autumn departures
Peterhof Park, which is actually a series of palaces and gardens, located in Saint Petersburg, Russia, laid out on the orders of Peter the Great. These Palaces and gardens are sometimes referred as the "Russian Versailles". The palace-ensemble along with the city center is recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Peterhof is just as famous for the parks and its great fountains as for the palace buildings.
Includes: Entrance to the park area, transport in tourist bus, information from a local guide.
*Takes place: May and June departures
This is definitely the best way to experience Russian culture – taste local cuisine and meanwhile watch professional artists perform traditional songs and dances!
Price: 24 Eur
Price includes: dinner with Russian specialties - starter, main course, dessert; performance by group of local dancers and musicians.
Glamorous and fun limousine ride, that takes you along the night streets of the city, regular stops are made by main city sights.
If you are interested in experiencing classical music and ballet the Marinsky and Hermitage Ballet are world class. We recommend you to visit their website where you also can book tickets.
There might be some good last-minute offers available in the ticket-booths on the streets.
Visa-Free Travel Info
To join this tour you don't need a VISA but you need to have travel Passport allowing crossing borders between non-Schengen countries and valid for at least 6 months after the tour finishes.
Please note, that ID card is not enough to travel to Russia
We highly recommend you to make travel insurance valid in Russia for this trip
If you are not citizen of EU, Norway or Switzerland, please pay special attention to info below:
- If you require a Schengen visa to stay in EU, kindly make sure it's a multiple-entry visa. Single-entry Schengen visa is not valid for this trip!
- If you have already stayed in European Union (for example, in Estonia) for more than 90 days - you need to have a valid residence permit in the country you currently reside (temporary one is also suitable). Those who will not be able to present their valid residence permit card when checking-in to the ferry to St.Petersburg, will not be allowed into Russia, and can be sent directly to their home country!
Note that the passenger him or herself is responsible for arranging the necessary travel documents and making sure they are valid as requested.
Before making the booking, please be sure you have all the required documents for this trip (Passport, residence permit, if needed) and will be able to present them and the departure point.