Russia Explorer Tour
To join this tour passengers need Russian visa! Please study carefully our Visa info
NB! Note that in order to get the Russian visa, your passport MUST be valid for at least 6 months after the last day of the trip!
have cooking facilities, wifi and computers for public use. The rooming lists will be made all together on first day of the tour.
Watch our movie to see how much fun the tour is :)
Note that if you have signed up for an optional activity you have to take part of that activity or pay for it without participation. If just not showing up you will have to pay afterwards.
Price includes: local guide escorting the group from St Petersburg, transport in tourist bus, stops on the way, entrance to the palace park, entrance to Catherine Palace.
This is definitely the best way to experience Russian culture – taste local cuisine and meanwhile watch professional artists perform traditional songs and dances!
Price: 24 Eur
Price includes: dinner with Russian specialties - starter, main course, dessert; performance by group of local dancers and musicians.
Limousine tour - St.Petersburg by night
Glamorous and fun limousine ride, that takes you along the night streets of the city, regular stops are made by main city sights.
Price includes: Limousine tour with photo stops, local Soviet champagne
Price includes: transport to the fortress and back, entrance to Peter and Pauls Cathedral and Trubetskoy Bastion Prison, local guiding.
Classical music and ballet (not organised by Scanbalt)
If you are interested in experiencing classical music and ballet the Marinsky and Hermitage Ballet are world class. We recommend you to visit their website where you also can book tickets. To get the tickets you like it’s a good idea to book early.
Price includes: entrance and guided tour around Moscow Kremlin (excl. Armoury Chamber)
To join this tour you need to have the Russian visa, unless you are one of the few nationalities that are exeptions (listed below). You can organize the visa on your own or with the help of Scanbalt. Visa cost varies depending on your citizenship.
Scanbalt can provide visas only for those, who have booked the trip before the stated deadline.
Important info about Russian Visa:
- In order to make Russian Visa you must have travel Passport that is valid for at least 6 months after the last day of the trip. ID-card is not valid for travellin to Russia.
- Note that visa-processing time is up to 3-4 weeks. During this time you won't have your Passport as it will be in the Russian Consulate. Keep it in mind if you plan other travels during this time!
- Scanbalt will send visa application forms and guidelines to everyone who ordered the visa no later than 30 days before the departure.
- Visa cost for EU citizens (also Switzerland and Norway) is around ... Eur (incl. service fee and health insurance)
- Visa-fee is non-refundable in case the Russian Embassy declines your visa for certain reason.
- Unfortunately Scanbalt is not able organize visas for Non-EU citizens. You need to arrange your own visas.
- Note that Non-EU citizens, including those who can travel to Russia visa-free, MUST have valid residence permit in their current country of residence (permanent or temporary) or multiple entry Schengen visa!
Required visa application documents:
* Passport that is valid for at least 6 months after the last day of the trip, and that has at least 2 empty pages (to stick-in the visa)
* 1 completed and signed Russian tourist visa application (Scanbalt will provide the application form and guidelines to fill it in)
* medical insurance (Scanbalt will provide it only for those who make visas with Scanbalt, included in the Visa price)
* 1 passport photo, signed on the back (photographs must be in color on the white background, showing face in full, size 3,5cm x 4,5cm)
Citizens of the following countries can enter Russia visa-free: ARGENTINA, ARMENIA, AZERBAIJAN, BELARUS, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA, BRAZIL, CHILE, COLOMBIA, CUBA, ECUADOR, FIJI, GUATEMALA, ISRAEL, KAZAKHSTAN, REPUBLIC OF KOREA (SOUTH KOREA), KYRGYZSTAN, MACEDONIA, MOLDOVA, MONGOLIA, MONTENEGRO, NICARAGUA, PERU, SALVADOR, SERBIA, SOUTH AFRICA, TAJIKISTAN, THAILAND, UKRAINE, URUGUAY, UZBEKISTAN, VENEZUELA.
** Entering Russia is visa-free, but for returning to EU you must have the residence permit for EU country you currently reside, or a multiple entry Schengen visa!