ESN Denmark Fjord Explorer
Page 1 of 1
Come and discover Fjords of Norway surrounded by majestic, snow-covered mountain peaks, wild waterfalls, and lush, green vegetation. The fjord area is like a great playground for those who love activities and for those who just love beautiful nature. See Norway cities like the capital Oslo and Hanseatic Bergen next to the Atlantic Ocean. It is a great mixture of urban and nature discovery!
Tour dates: 02 - 08 May 2019
Duration: 7 days/6 nights
(2 nights on the DFDS ferry, 2 nights in a fjords area, 1 night in Bergen, 1 night in Oslo )
Departure city: Copenhagen
Price with ESNcard: 375 EUR
Price without ESNcard: 385 EUR
- Transport by bus during the whole tour start/end from Oslo
- DFDS ferry tickets for two overnight cruises CPH-OSL-CPH
- Day 02 All-you-can-eat breakfast buffet on DFDS ferry
- 4 nights’ accommodation in hostels or cottages (shared rooms)
- 1 breakfast in Bergen
- Nærøyfjord 2hrs cruise
- Services and guiding from Scanbalt tour manager
- Borgund Stave church inside visit
- Guided tours in Oslo and Bergen
- Hikes in the fjord area led by tour manager
- Meals (except for two breakfasts; we have access to the kitchens where we stay)
- Bedlinen (possible to rent, but we suggest to bring your own to save some cash)
- Optional activity: Glacier hike - approx 50 EUR (price include 3 hrs glacier hike with equipment and 2 ways bus transfer to/from camping ground)
- Experience the amazing landscape of mountains
- Take a hike to the top of Mt.Ulriken for the breathtaking view of fjords
- Get lost in cute Bryggen area of Bergen city
- Sleep on a ferry for two nights
- Be adventures while hiking on a glacier
- Cruise through Sognefjord and see hundreds of waterfalls
EU citizen can have only valid ID, please fill the details while booking.
Non-EU citizens have to have a valid passport, please fill the details while booking.
Please note some changes to the program might occur.
Day 1 Departure from Copenhagen to Oslo
Day 1 Departure from Copenhagen to Oslo
We meet at the departure point in the evening and board DFDS ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo and spend a night on the ferry, 4-bed shared cabins. You have plenty of time to get to know each other and spend a fun evening.
Day 2 Oslo - Fjord area
You start your day with breakfast on the ferry. After arrival in Oslo, we start our guided tour of the Norwegian capital. After the city tour, departure to the fjord area bus, we make stops during the drive. In the evening, we arrive at our accommodation where we stay 2 nights by the mighty Sognefjord and gather outside and have a barbeque together, please bring your own food to cook on the open fire.
Day 3 Fjord area
A free day in Laerdal with possibilities to hike in the area or use the free canoe for a trip on the fjord. You can also choose to go by bus to a glacier where you can join a guided glacier-hike to experience the most spectacular sceneries (optional activity). The activity is provided by local professional outdoor-guides. Duration of the hike is about 4 hours of which 2 hours we walk on the ice with safety equipment (crampons, ice-ax, rope). This walk can be challenging and takes you through more difficult blue ice formations. Be equipped for variations in weather and temperature from sunshine to rain.
In the evening, we can BBQ again or may a swim in the fjord?
Day 4 Fjord area-Bergen
After breakfast, we travel to Flåm where we have a short hike and then board a 2hrs cruise boat on the Nærøyfjord. A narrow part is protected by UNESCO and part of the largest and deepest fjord in Norway. In the evening, we arrive in Hanseatic city Bergen by the Atlantic Ocean. We recommend a hike to Mount Ulriken (642 meters) for a view to the city, fjords, and sunset. The evening is free to discover the Bergen nightlife.
Day 5 Bergen-Oslo
We enjoy breakfast in our hostel and start a guided tour exploring Bergen. Later, you are free to explore even more by yourself, check the UNESCO protected Bryggen, Bergen's old waterfront where the Hanseatic traders once lived and worked, also there are some great museums. If you would like a great view of the city and fjords, take the Fløibanen or walk to the top of Mount Fløyen (320 meters). We depart from Bergen in the afternoon and head towards Oslo, where we arrive close to midnight. We check-in to the hostel and enjoy the sleep.
Day 6 Oslo-Copenhagen
In the morning, we clean our rooms and check out. Today is a free day to discover Oslo on your own. In the afternoon, we board the ferry Oslo-Copenhagen by DFDS. Overnight on the ferry, 4-bed shared cabins.
Day 7 Copenhagen
In the morning, you arrive back in Copenhagen. We hope you gathered the memories of a lifetime!