ESN Denmark Fjord Explorer
Page 1 of 7
Come and discover Fjords of Norway surrounded by majestic, snow-covered mountain peaks, wild waterfalls, and lush, green vegetation. The fjord area is like a great playground for those who love activities and for those who just love beautiful nature. See Norway cities like the capital Oslo and Hanseatic Bergen next to the Atlantic Ocean. It is a great mixture of urban and nature discovery!
Tour dates: 14 - 20 October 2018
Duration: 7 days/6 nights (2 nights on the cruise boat, 1 night in Oslo, 2 nights in fjords area, 1 night in Bergen)
Departure city: Copenhagen
Price with ESNcard: 375 EUR
Price without ESNcard: 385 EUR
- Transport by bus during the whole tour start/end from Oslo
- DFDS ferry tickets for two overnight cruises Copenhagen-Oslo-Copenhagen
- Day 02 All-you-can-eat breakfast buffet on DFDS ferry
- Sognefjord 4.5hrs ferry cruise tickets Leikanger-Bergen
- 4 nights’ accommodation in hostels or cottages (shared rooms for 4-8 persons)
- 1 breakfast in Bergen
- Services and guiding from Scanbalt tour manager
- Borgund Stave church inside visit
- Guided tours in Oslo and Bergen
- Meals (except two breakfasts; we have access to the kitchens where we stay)
- Bedlinen (possible to rent, but we suggest to bring your own to save some cash)
- Optional activity: Glacier hike (depending on weather conditions) with professional outdoor guides and equipment – cost 50 EUR
- Experience the amazing landscape of mountains with thousands of waterfalls
- Take a hike to the top of Mt.Ulriken for the breathtaking view of fjords
- Get lost in cute Bryggen area of Bergen city
- Sleep on cruise ferry for two nights
- Be adventures while hiking on a glacier
- See beautiful morning light coming through mountains while cruising through Sognefjord
Please note some changes to the program might occur.
Day 1 Departure from Copenhagen to Oslo
We meet at the departure point in the evening and board DFDS ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo and spend a night on the ferry, 4-bed shared cabins. You have plenty of time to get to know each other and spend a fun evening.
Day 2 Oslo
We embark to Oslo in the morning and have a breakfast buffet on the ferry. We meet our bus at the port and start a guided city tour of Oslo. After the city tour, we can check-in to our hostel. The evening free to discover Oslo on your own or join the group for a night out (bring ID).
Day 3 Oslo-Gjerde
After breakfast, we clean the rooms, check out from the hostel and depart towards the Fjords across the mountains. Take everything you need on the bus for the day. We make stops during the drive and also visit the famous wooden Borgund Stave Church. In the later afternoon, we arrive your accommodation by the fjord. The evening is free time to discover the area on your own. Later we gather for barbeque (bring your own food).
Day 4 Gjerde
After breakfast, we depart for the active day with glacier hike, pack your lunch and make sure you have a waterproof jacket and good shoes. Those not having the glacier hike can take hikes to the mountains and relax around the fjord. In the evening, it is also possible to barbecue.
Day 5 Gjerde-Bergen
After very early alarm clock, we prepare our backpacks with all the things that we need until Bergen and depart for Leikanger by bus. From Leikanger we have 4,5 hours boat cruise to Bergen. After passing the largest and deepest fjord in Norway, we arrive at Hanseatic city Bergen by the Atlantic Ocean. At the pier, our local guide is waiting to take you for 2 hrs walking tour. After city walk, we have some free time and after that, the bus takes us to the hostel for check-in. If you want, Mt. Ulriken is awesome spot to see the sunset. You can join the group in the evening and head out to a local bar (bring ID!).
Day 6 Bergen-Oslo
Breakfast. Early departure from Oslo to catch the ferry Oslo-Copenhagen by DFDS with a photostop by Tvindefossen waterfall. Overnight on the ferry, 4-bed shared cabins.
Day 7 Copenhagen
In the morning, you arrive back to Copenhagen. We hope you gathered the memories of a lifetime!