Russia Explorer from Lithuania
Duration: 8 days
Price: 289 EUR (+ visa cost)
Departure place: Vilnius/ Kaunas
NB! Note that in order to join this trip and get Russian visa, you MUST have travel Passport and your Passport MUST be valid for at least 6 months after the last day of the trip! ID-Card is not valid for this travel!
- Bus transportation throughout the trip
- Accommodation in centrally located hostels on shared room basis, (4 nights in St.Petersburg, 2 nights in Moscow), bed linen and towels included
- Guided city tours in St.Petersburg and Moscow
- Guided tour in Hermitage museum
- Visit to Tsar's Village and Catherine's Palace
- 3 hostel breakfasts
- Scanbalt tour manager guiding, help and support
- Visit two grand Russian cities in one tour: St Petersburg and Moscow!
- Visit wolrd famour Hermitage Museum and Catherine Palace
- Travel together with your friends and meet other students
- Ride a Limousine in St.Petersburg and explore nightlife in Moscow
- Meals, except the ones mentioned above
- Optional activities
Tour Program: Russia Explorer
Day 1 Departure
We depart from Lithuania in the afternoon. On the bus we have plenty of time to get to know each other, play games and watch movies. We prepare to spend the night on the bus and cross the border to Russia in early morning.
Day 2 St.Petersburg
Arrival to St Petersburg, the former capital of imperial Russia, in the morning. We enjoy breakfast, and then meet our local tour guide to proceed with the city tour. We visit the most famous cathedrals, museums and memorials making photo-stops. After city tour is finished, we can check-in to our rooms and have some free time. In the evening everyone is welcome to join the Traditional Russian Dinner with Folsk Show. The dinner will take place in a local restaurant. The menu set consists of 2 courses (starter and main) and a traditional dessert. Also everyone will get a welcome vodka shot. The Folk artists will perform traditional songs and dances and also some interactive games. This is the best way to experience Russian cuisine and culture, in fact, becoming part of it.
Day 3 St.Petersburg
This is a free day for you to to explore St.Petersburg on your own. We recommend to join the optional guided tour in the world famous Winter Palace and Hermitage museum (free for students).
Day 4 St.Petersburg
Afternoon is free for everyone to have last walks in the city, buy souvenirs and enjoy the last evening in St.Peterburg. It’s the good evening to go and see ballet or theatre. Scanbalt can help with finding programs for Mariinsky Theatre and explain how to purchase tickets (online in advance or on the spot).
Day 5 St.Petersburg - Moscow
We depart from St.Petersburg early morning and head to Moscow, where we arrive late evening. We check-in to our hostel and have free time to go out for late dinner, or just have some rest.
Day 6 Moscow
We start the day with a guided tour of Moscow. We will pass by all the city’s must-see highlights: Red Square, St. Basil's Cathedral, Bolshoy Theater, Cathedral of Christ the Savior, Kremlin, Old and New Arbat Streets, and much more. The afternoon is free for your own activities. We recommend to visit the world-famous Moscow Circus (tickets purchased on the spot). Evening is free to go out and explore Moscow nightlife!
Day 7 Moscow - Vilnius
This is a free day for exploring Moscow! We invite everyone to join the optional guided tour around Kremlin, and later take a look inside the Lenin Mausoleum. There are many more things to do and see on your own - the Russian Museum, the Tretyakov Gallery, and much more! We also recommend you to see the Moscow underground - several stations have unique architecture and sculptures that are surely worth a look.
Day 8 Back home
Arrival in back around lunchtime.
To join this tour you need to have the Russian visa, unless you are one of the few nationalities that are exeptions (listed below). You can organize the visa on your own or with the help of Scanbalt. Visa cost varies depending on your citizenship.
Scanbalt can provide visas only for those, who have booked the trip before the stated deadline.
Important info about Russian Visa:
- In order to make Russian Visa you must have travel Passport that is valid for at least 6 months after the last day of the trip. ID-card is not valid for travellin to Russia.
- Note that visa-processing time is up to 3-4 weeks. During this time you won't have your Passport as it will be in the Russian Embassy. Keep it in mind if you plan other travels during this time!
- Scanbalt will send visa application forms and guidelines to everyone who ordered the visa no later than 30 days before the departure.
- Visa cost for EU citizens (also Switzerland and Norway) is 86 Eur (incl. service fee and health insurance)
- Visa-fee is non-refundable in case the Russian Embassy declines your visa for certain reason
- Visa for Non-EU citizens on request! Note that you need to ask the price and conditions before booking the trip.
- Note that Non-EU citizens, including those who can travel to Russia visa-free, MUST have residence permit in Lithuania (permanent or temporary) or multiple entry Schengen visa!
Required visa application documents:
* Passport that is valid for at least 6 months after the last day of the trip, and that has at least 2 empty pages (to stick-in the visa)
* 1 completed and signed Russian tourist visa application (Scanbalt will provide the application form and guidelines to fill it in)
* medical insurance (Scanbalt will provide it, included in the Visa price)
* 1 passport photo, signed on the back (photographs must be in color on the white background, showing face in full, size 3,5cm x 4,5cm)
Citizens of the following countries can enter Russia visa-free: ARGENTINA, ARMENIA, AZERBAIJAN, BELARUS, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA, BRAZIL, CHILE, COLOMBIA, CUBA, ECUADOR, FIJI, GUATEMALA, ISRAEL, KAZAKHSTAN, REPUBLIC OF KOREA (SOUTH KOREA), KYRGYZSTAN, MACEDONIA, MOLDOVA, MONGOLIA, MONTENEGRO, NICARAGUA, PERU, SALVADOR, SERBIA, SOUTH AFRICA, TAJIKISTAN, THAILAND, UKRAINE, URUGUAY, UZBEKISTAN, VENEZUELA.
Optional Activities: RussiaExplorer
Note that if you have signed up for an optional activity you have to take part of that activity or pay for it without participation. If just not showing up you will have to pay afterwards.
Optional activities in St.Petersburg
Price includes: local guide escorting the group from St Petersburg, transport in tourist bus, stops on the way, entrance to the palace park, entrance to Catherine Palace.
Traditional Russian Evening
This is definitely the best way to experience Russian culture – taste local cuisine and meanwhile watch professional artists perform traditional songs and dances!
Price: 30 Eur
Price includes: folk performance, dinner with Russian specialties - starter, main course, dessert, and of course, a vodka shot.
Limousine tour - St.Petersburg by night
Glamorous and fun limousine ride, that takes you along the night streets of the city, regular stops are made by main city sights.
Price includes: Limousine tour with photo stops, local Soviet champagne
Price includes: transport to the fortress and back, entrance to Peter and Pauls Cathedral and Trubetskoy Bastion Prison, local guiding.
Classical music and ballet (not organised by Scanbalt)
If you are interested in experiencing classical music and ballet the Marinsky and Hermitage Ballet are world class. We recommend you to visit their website where you also can book tickets. To get the tickets you like it’s a good idea to book early.
Optional activities in Moscow
Price includes: entrance and guided tour around Moscow Kremlin (excl. Armoury Chamber)