Lapland Fairy Tale - Christmas Edition
- Transportation by bus
- Ferry tickets Tallinn-Helsinki-Tallinn
- Service from Scanbalt tour manager
- Accommodation in cottages (3 nights)
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 2 dinners
- Special Christmas Dinner
- Sauna and arctic swim
- Kota evening with open fire and hot drinks
- Use of Nordic skis, snowshoes and ice-fishing equipment *choice of equipment may vary depending on the facilities of the camp
- Short reindeer sled ride
- Visit to Santa Claus Village and group picture with Santa
- Visit to Rovaniemi - the capital of Finnish Lapland
- Visit Lapland with its unique landscape, nature and climate
- Spend the time in real wilderness living in cosy and well-equipped cottages
- The chance to see the Northern Lights
- Cross the Arctic Circle
- Enjoy the sauna and roll around in the snow or have the arctic swim
- Go snowmobiling, dog-sledding and do the reindeer safari
- Try out cross-country skiing, snow-shoe hiking and ice-fishing
- Meet the Santa Claus
-Book the activity while making the reservation of the tour. For safaris we take pre-payment 5 Eur. Rest of the amount is to be paid on DAY 2 of the trip, when you will arrive to Korvala! Possible to pay in cash and with card.
-If you have signed up for and optional activity you have to take part of that activity or pay for it without participation, there might be a possibility to change to another activity but this can be known on the spot. If just not showing up you have to pay afterwards!
Duration approximately 1½ hours in total including instruction and fitting of helmets, 2 persons/snowmobile
On this safari you will see how much fun dog sledding is. We start by teaching you the necessary driving skills and then set off with our huskies through the forest and over the hills. Participants usually travel in pairs, each taking turns to drive the sled. The route can be challenging and the speed will vary according to weather conditions and the time of day.
Duration: approx 1 hour in total, including instruction (driving ca 5 km, ca 30 minutes). The route may be altered for safety reasons or due to poor weather conditions.
We ride in sleighs pulled by reindeer to our reindeer herding corral, where Poro-Hannu, a local reindeer herder, explains how these beautiful animals of the north are cared for throughout the year. We make tea and coffee on a campfire and have time to chat with Poro-Hannu about his work.
Duration: approximately 1½ hours in total, 65 EUR/per person. (5 EUR booking fee to Scanbalt, rest of 60 EUR on the spot directly to organizer).
Lapland packing guide
*Bathing suite for sauna
*WARM clothes (hat, gloves, woolen socks, winter jacket and trousers) - possible to rent overalls 10 eur (whole stay in Korvala)