Lapland Tour for ESN VGTU
Lapland is a unique destination to explore, especially in winter! It offers awesome adventures like dog-sledding and snowmobiling, cross-country skiing and snowshoe-hiking, ice-fishing and, ultimately lake-side sauna and arctic swim - a tradition, that shouldn’t be missed when visiting Finland! You can visit a reindeer farm and take a sleigh ride with the reindeer and meet the Santa Claus and his little helpers in their village! We cross the Arctic Circle and get a chance to see the breathtaking Northern Lights! This adventure, full of mystery, ancient Nordic culture and arctic freshness, is sure to blow your mind!
Deaprture date: 26-th March 2017
Duration: 6 days
Departure city: Vilnius
Price: 350 Eur
- Transportation by bus
- Ferry tickets Tallinn-Helsinki-Tallinn
- Service from Scanbalt tour manager
- Accommodation in motel or cottages, in shared rooms (3 nights)
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 3 dinners
- Sauna and arctic swim (if conditions allow it)
- Kota evening with open fire and hot wine
- Use of Nordic skis, snowshoes and ice-fishing equipment
- Short reindeer sled ride
- Visit to Santa Claus Village and group picture with Santa
- Visit to Rovaniemi - the capital of Finnish Lapland
- Meals, except the ones listed above
- Optional Activities
- Visit Lapland with its unique landscape, nature and climate
- Spend the time in real wilderness living in cosy and well-equipped cottages
- The chance to see the Northern Lights
- Cross the Arctic Circle
- Enjoy the sauna and roll around in the snow or have the arctic swim
- Go snowmobiling, dog-sledding and do the reindeer safari
- Try out cross-country skiing, snow-shoe hiking and ice-fishing
- Meet the Santa Claus
Day 1, Departure from Vilnius
We depart from Vilnius early morning and drive to Tallinn, where we catch the evening ferry to Helsinki. Once in Finland, we drive up north during the night. On the bus we get to know our travel mates, play games and watch some movies. We will also make regular stop for food.
Day 2, Korvala
In the morning, we arrive in Lapland. We will spend the next days in Korvala - a small village and wilderness resort in Lapland, north of the Arctic Circle. Upon arrival, we enjoy breakfast all together and set up the schedule for the snowmobile and husky sadaris. Now it’s time to settle in and discover the surroundings! You can borrow the snow-shoes, cross-country skis, sledges and ice fishing kit. We will also have a short reindeer safari together. All that is included!
In the evening, we have a nice dinner together and later it’s time for sauna and arctic swim.
Day 3, Korvala
After breakfast, it is again possible to try the ice-fishing, do cross-country skiing and snow-shoe hike.
The rest of the day will be filled with activities: dog-sleding, snowmobiling and reindeer safari. We get to meet the local Siberian Huskies, which are all beautiful pedigrees from the working sled-dog line. We have soup lunch in Tipi tent.
We have dinner together, and later we gather in the Tipi tent to have a cosy evening with fire and some hot wine. Keep your eyes open for the Northern lights! Sauna is available tonight as well!
Day 4, Korvala – Pyhä – Korvala
Today we are going on a half-day trip to Pyhä (http://ski.pyha.fi/eng/), where those who want can do mountain skiing or snowboarding. Alternative is to do some hiking – there are many beautiful hiking routes, our tour manager will help choose the suitable one and lead you for a hike.
We arrive back in Korvala in the afternoon. We enjoy the dinner together, and later it’s time for sauna!
Day 5, Korvala-Rovaniemi –Helsinki
Morning is free for your last safaris, skiing, or snow-she walks. Around midday we depart to Rovaniemi. We meet Santa Claus in his village and take a photo all together. Later we have some free time in Rovaniemi. We recommend to visit famous Arktikum Museum to learn more about Arctic nature and Sami culture http://www.arktikum.fi/EN/arktikum.html.
In the evening, we depart towards Helsinki. We drive during the night.
Day 6, Helsinki-Tallinn-Vilnius
We arrive in Helsinki early morning and catch a ferry to Tallinn, and then continue by bus to Vilnius. We arrive home late evening.
Optional Activities help you get the real taste of Lapland and make your trip fun and memorable! You can add the activities online in the booking system, as well as on the spot. For some activities the number of places is limited, so we can only guarantee allotment for those who book the activities in advance.
Please note that Optional Activity are for extra cost. The payment is done on the spot, directly to the local organizers. You can pay in cash or by bank card. For some activities Scanbalt can ask small pre-payment in order to confirm your participation.
Activity takes place with minimum 10 participants. It is possible to cancel Optional Activities up to 10 days prior to departure. If you have booked the activity and decide not to go when already in Lapland, you must still pay for your place, or find someone from the group who will do the activity instead of you.
Optional Activities in Korvala
- Husky safari (long) - 50 eur
- Reindeer safari (long) - 65 Eur
- Snowmobile safari - 65 Eur - driving license is needed!
- Winter clothing: snow suits - 10 eur; winter boots - 10 Eur (price for whole stay in Korvala)
- Set of sheets and towel - 10 Eur (price for whole stay in Korvala)
- Extra breakfast - 10 Eur - payment to Scanbalt
* If you have specific food preferences or restrictions, please let us know before the tour, so we can inform the local host - email@example.com!