ESN Denmark Fjord Explorer 14-20 Oct (SOLD OUT)
Page 1 of 8
Come and discover Fjords of Norway with Scanbalt Experience! See Norway cities like the capital Oslo and hanseatic Bergen next to the Atlantic Ocean. Also the fjords in Norway, surrounded by majestic, snow-covered mountain peaks, wild waterfalls and lush, green vegetation. The fjord area is like a great playground for those who love activities and for those who just love beautiful nature.
Tour dates: 14 - 20 October 2017
Duration: 7 days/6 nights (2 nights on the cruise boat, 1 night in Oslo, 2 nights in fjords area, 1 night in Bergen)
Departure city: Copenhagen
Price with ESNcard: 350 EUR (without ESNcard 355 EUR)
- Transport by bus during the whole tour start/end from Oslo
- Ferry tickets Copenhagen-Oslo-Copenhagen
- 2 nights sleeping on the cruise ship
- Day 02 All-you-can-eat Breakfast Buffet on DFDS ferry
- Sognefjord ferry cruise tickets Leikanger-Bergen
- 4 nights’ accommodation in hostels or cottages (shared rooms for 4-8 persons)
- 1 breakfast in Bergen
- Services and guiding from Scanbalt tour manager
- Guided tours in Oslo and Bergen
- Meals (we have access to the kitchens where we stay)
- Bedlinen (possible to rent, but we suggest to bring your own to save some cash)
- Optional activity: Glacier hike (depending on weather conditons) with professional outdoor guides and equipment – cost 50 EUR
- Experience the amazing landscape with fjords and mountains
- Ferry cruise between Copenhagen and Oslo
- Visit to Borgund Stave church (outside visit)
- Oslo, Bergen and Fjord area
- Adventure activities like hiking, rowing boat, walk to the glacier etc
- Boat cruise on Sognefjord
Day 1 Departure from Copenhagen to Oslo
We meet at the departure point in the evening and board DFDS ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo. We will spend a night on the ferry, 4-bed shared cabins. You will have plenty of time to get to know each other and spend a fun evening.
Day 2 Oslo
We embark to Oslo in the morning and have a breakfast buffet on the ferry. We will meet our bus at the port and start a guided city tour of Oslo. After city tour we can check-in to our hostel. Evening free to discover Oslo on your own or join the group for a night out (bring ID).
Day 3 Oslo-Gjerde
After breakfast clean the rooms, check out from the hostel and depart towards the Fjords across the mountains. Take everything that you need on the bus for the day We make stops during the drive and also a photostop in front of famous wooden Borgund Stave Church. We will view and take photos of the church from outside. Around 16:00 we will arrive to Gjerde – Jostedal Camping site. Evening is free time to discover the area on your own. Later we gather for barbeque (bring your own sausages)
Day 4 Gjerde
After breakfast we will depart for Jostedalsbreen. Full day of activities with kayaking and glacier hike. Bring lunch pack with you and make sure you have a waterproof jacket and good shoes. In the evening it is also possibility to barbecue, bring your own food.
Day 5 Gjerde-Bergen
After very early breakfast prepare your backpack with all the things that you need until Bergen. Put your big luggage in the luggageroom of the bus. Around 6:00 we will depart for Leikanger by bus. From Leikanger we will have 4,5 hours boat cruise to Bergen. At 12:00 you will arrive to hanseatic city Bergen by the Atlantic Ocean. At 12:00 meet the guide at the pier and have a guided walking tour. After city walk you will have some free time and after that bus will meet you to take you to the hostel and do the check-in. If you want, you can join the group in the evening and head out to a local bar (bring ID!).
Day 6 Bergen-Oslo
Breakfast. Early departure to Oslo to catch the ferry Oslo-Copenhagen by DFDS. Overnight on the ferry, 4-bed shared cabins.
Day 7 Copenhagen
In the morning you will arrive back to Copenhagen. We hope you gathered the memories of a lifetime!